Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can....
The Sony Pictures reboot is now in full swing with a sinister tale to tell, yes the origin story we had with The Amazing Spider-Man (again) and finally we can get round to the meat and bones of this Spider-Man reboot with villains we already know but with all new looks and reimagining. It's fun, it's action packed but please make sure Emma Stone is there to push this and not Mr Garfield, he came across as a little bit fussy in the interviews we witness on UK shores for the theatrical release. LIGHTEN UP!
Anyway, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes to DVD and Blu-ray on September 1st through Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and I can't wait, the London cinemas priced me out of seeing this on the big screen and I'd rather spend the dosh on having a physical HD copy in my hands on day of release.
Just check out the details below, it's not only going to be action packed, it's going to be feature packed too! AWESOME!
It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan) returns, Peter comes to realise that all of his enemies have one thing in common: Oscorp.
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2™ is directed by Marc Webb from a screen story by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and James Vanderbilt, a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. E. Bennett Walsh, Stan Lee, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci serve as executive producers with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach as producers.
Bonus Features Include:
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Deleted Scenes
- Alicia Keys “It’s On Again” Music Video
Exclusive to Blu-ray Discs:
- “The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- “Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” – Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- “Heart of the City: Shooting in New York” – A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- “Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains” – An inside look at the development of Spider-Man’s fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- “A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin” – From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- “A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects” – Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- “Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing” – Learn how the film’s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.
- Dane DeHaan Screen Test