Lara Croft makes her way back onto the Xbox One. This Xbox One limited time exclusive has now made its way out on to other formats but returns to the fray with the launch of Xbox One X on November 7.
Key titles are all finding themselves getting a 4K upgrade for those who picked up an Xbox One X at launch and of course have the screen to utilise the power of Microsoft's latest Xbox One SKU.
So what's new with Rise of the Tomb Raider in it's all-new Xbox One X enhanced state? If you ask us, it's a pretty sweet deal! We'll be sharing a review at some point in the near future.
Xbox One X players can choose from one of three visual modes:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for the highest fidelity resolution
- Enriched Visuals for stunning graphic upgrades
- High Frame Rate for the smoothest possible gameplay
New Xbox One X tech enhancements forRise of the Tomb Raiderinclude:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft, NPCs, and environments for even more immersive and realistic details
Additional visual enhancements include:
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Improved anti-aliasing
- Amplified texture filtering
In addition to these visual enhancements, current season pass owners who own an Xbox One X will receive all of the new content featured inRise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration?.This includes the "Blood Ties" single player content, co-op play for Endurance mode, "Extreme Survivor" difficulty setting for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and five classic Lara skins. Additionally, all previously released downloadable content such as Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, seven weapons, and 35 expedition cards are available. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.