March 5th is just around the corner and whilst people in the civilised world fight for jobs, one young lady is fighting for her life once again. Although this time Lara Croft has a new look as she is #Reborn on to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
With a new look and story to look forward to, this anticipated reimagining of Lara Croft has been a long time coming. Games have to cater to both sexes now and whilst the polygon Madonna points of a big breasted Lara Croft won the men over in the 90's, today she has to be a woman that appeals to both men and women, girls and boys. Although when you think about it... don't you feel silly when you dust off the old issues of Edge to see Lara Croft as the front page model... as a kid, you thought that pixelated lady was hawwwwwwwwwwwt....
Outnumbered and outgunned, stealth is frequently Lara’s strongest advantage. Approaching enemies undetected will allow her to pull of silent kills and keep fellow Solarii in the dark. The environment will also provide frequent opportunities for Lara to gain the upper hand. She must always be prepared to brawl up close, however, aided by dodge and counter moves and improved equipment. With wits and weapons combined, Lara is a smart and ultimately very dangerous fighter.
However, if you're looking for that additional experience, the PC has a few additional things to offer gamers around the world, take a look at the specs below:
The game’s enhanced features on the PC version include:
- Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
- Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
- Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
- Gamepad support.
- Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
- Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
- Higher quality shadows
- High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
- Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
- Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
- LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
- Crystal care about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they still support Windows XP.
- A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
The full list of PC minimum and recommended system requirements is listed below:
Minimum system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
- AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
- nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU:
- AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)
- Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
- AMD Radeon HD 4870
- nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU:
- AMD Phenom II X2 565
- Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory
Not to be outdone by the impressive listing above, Square-Enix today released episode 3 of The Guide to Survival which reveals more insight into Lara's new adventure and the carnage she's capable of.
Official Homepage: www.TOMBRAIDER.com
Official Twitter: @TOMBRAIDER
Official Facebook page: http://facebook.com/TOMBRAIDER
Official Tumblr: http://officialTOMBRAIDERblog.tumblr.com/
Official YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/TOMBRAIDER